Beever and Struthers are committed to making our website accessible to everyone and are continuously striving to keep up to date with the latest technologies allowing more users to access our website. At present, we use Font Size Change, Change Colour Scheme and Audio.
Font Size Change
This allows users to select a larger font size to view our website in. If you want to view this website in a larger or smaller font size, use this option under our 'Home' button.
Alternatively, you can change text size through your internet browser by following these instructions:
- Click on View on the browser Menu Bar
- Highlight Text Size with your mouse and notice that you now have choices that will allow you to increase or decrease text size
- Increase or Decrease your font size and you will see a change in text size on this web page. You can also hold down
and type "+" or "-" to change the font size
- Select Normal or
and "0" to return to the default text size.
Change Colour Scheme
This scheme enables those with visual impairments or issues with colour to change what colour they see the background and font in to a combination that aids their viewing of our site. If you want to view this website in a other colour schemes, use this option under our 'Home' button.
There is also the option which allows you to override the standard colours of the site by using the internet options or preferences facility on your browser. So if you want to set a specific colour scheme, you can follow these instructions:
- Go to the Tools menu
- Select Internet options then select from a range of colours, fonts, languages and accessibility.
- Choose your preferred colours for your text and background but don't forget that selecting this option will change the settings for other websites too.
Using audio to read aloud our website content allows users to listen to the content. We are working towards putting audio on our website to assist users and hope this will be in place soon.